Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog calls over channelised E1 PRI Line

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i m already having one channelised E1 PRI line connecting to my 3660 which is currently being used for ISDN Dialin for customers.new request has come for Analog PSTN Dialin to our POP .We want to use the same PRI line terminated for this purpose , i need some clarfication about the same.

i have gone thru some docs in cisco site and its been mentioned to enter cas-group channel-number timeslots range type signal

under controller e1 1/x config but when i do so i m getting error.

i m running with 12.2(23) code.do get bck with ur inputs and let me know how can i make it possible with my exisiting pri line itself.

regds

prem

5 Replies 5

Hello,

what is the exact error message you are getting ? I am thinking you might have overlapping channels in your timeslot configuration, that is, those configured for ISDN and those for r2 signalling.

Can you post your configuration ?

Regards,

GP

Hi georg

this is the error which i m getting when i enter cas command under controller interface.i doubt its supported in my current code but i m running mpls on this router without any issues...

BBR01(config)#controller e1 1/0

BBR01(config-controller)#cas

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

BBR01(config-controller)#

regds

prem

ali_sayed_ali
Level 1
Level 1

hi

what is the command to block the icmp protocol in my 2600 router ,&what is the port number.by the way most the ISP compagnie block :ping &trace route, why?

regardess &all the best to netpro team

Ali sayed

hi

different OS uses different packet size and protocols like icmp,udp for Tracing.

if u create a route-map matching 92Byte ICMP packets and direct it towards null0 interface and apply it on u r interface u wont be able to trace from u r Windows PCs.(lesson learned from Nachi Worm).

Ping can be blocked by denying normal ICMP-Echo and Echo-Reply packets using access-lists and binding the access-lists as acess-group in u r interface..

regds

prem

vcjones
Level 5
Level 5

You seem to be making this more difficult than necessary. All you need to accept analog modem callers on your PRI is to install digital modems into your router and tell the PRI to link voice calls to the digital modems using the "isdn incoming-voice modem" command on the PRI's serial interface.

Once you have the PRI directing voice calls to the digital modems, you configure the digital modems using standard commands for async dialup (line, group async, dialer, etc.) See listing 7-18 in the book pages on my web site for one example, albeit using US T1 PRIs rather than E1 PRIs, but those differences are trivial.

Good luck and have fun!

Vincent C Jones

www.networkingunlimited.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: