cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Launcher and Java 7 Update 6

firefox111_2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, yesterday I tried to connect to our ASA 5520 using ASDM Launcher, which has alwasy worked before.  For some reason ASDM Launcher is no longer working from both my Win XP desktop and Win XP laptop.  I can open ASDM through the browser but not the launcher.  Both desktop and laptop have Java 7 U 6.  I'm not sure if I can back rev my Java.                  

5 Replies 5

firefox111_2000
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I removed 7.6 and installed Java version 6 Update 23.  ASDM Launcher is happy with this version.

Hi Carlos

an other solution is, if you have installed both versions (6 and 7) of Java, to change the properties of the launcher. Try

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms64m -Xmx512m -Dsun.swing.enableImprovedDragGesture=true -classpath lzma.jar;jploader.jar;asdm-launcher.jar;retroweaver-rt-2.0.jar com.cisco.launcher.Launcher

if you have installed Java 6 in the standard folder

Thanks Bernd, that worked for me.

But does anyone knows, if cisco plans to release an update? Or is it a java-thing?

Bernd, thank you.  I don't have the jre6.  I must have un-installed it because the jre6 folder structure is empty.  But I have the jre1.6.0_18.  I pointed the ASDM property to this directory and now my ASDM is happy.

infolog2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carlos

Please can you send me the ASDM Luncher true this email cheikhoumarkane13@hotmail.fr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: