cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Banners and CatOS

dfelter
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to copy a multiline banner file (that contains the set banner motd # # command) via "copy tftp config" such that there are no spaces between the rows? Is there a way of inserting a <CR> in the multiline banner file ? Everytime I copy the banner file to the switch, the banner always contains one space between rows (even though the banner file has no spaces between rows). The only way I can get a multiline banner to display without one space between rows is via the CLI by copying each line followed by <RETURN>. Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

I've not tested this but I thought I would send an idea to you.

The ACSII character for a CR is ctrl-M. So you might try making your banner file

have ctrl-M's at the end of each line.

The following is a link that shows the ACII character set.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/112cg_cr/1rbook/1rascii.htm

Again, I've not been able to test this but thought I would send it in hopes that it provides you the desired results.

Hope this helps,

Don

Unfortunately, this technique did not work. Pressing ctr-m while editing the banner file is the same as pressing the return key (which had already been done after every line).