cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can stackwise and stackwise plus technologies be stacked together ?

we have WS-C3750G-12S-E [c3750-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5] and we are getting one C3750X,

Can these two switches be stacked together ?

would we have to upgrade or change the  firmware on WS-C3750G-12S-E ? if yes what should be it.

I already checked below links but not getting clear answer.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11024151/mixing-catalyst-3750-and-3750x-switches-same-stack

Please advise,

Thanks,

Aashutosh

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can these two switches be stacked together ?

Yes, the two can be stacked.  

would we have to upgrade or change the  firmware on WS-C3750G-12S-E ? if yes what should be it.

The current 3750G-12S needs to be upgraded to a version the 3750X can "understand" or support.  May I recommend IOS version 12.2(55)SE10?

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

As Leo noted, you should be able to stack the two.  However, did want to add that the 3570G-12S supports SDM templates unique to it, so you need to insure it uses a compatible SDM template.  Also, when you mix StackWise and StackWisePlus 3750s, the latter gives up most of its "Plus" features.  If possible, I recommend you don't mix StackWise and StackWisePlus units.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card