cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get my Cisco 677 connected

superfrank
Level 1
Level 1

I have moved to another house in the same neighborhood and now I can't get connect on the Internet. I have a flash connection using a cisco 677 with a 3com Etherlink 10/100 card.

With a windows 98 Plaform.

I now my server provider should help me but I'll like to do that for myself, sice they are so slowly with this. Can anyone help me?, Please.

Frank

1 Reply 1

rlmoody
Level 1
Level 1

Frank,

Not sure of the exact details regarding your Internet connection, ie cable modem or dsl, but am a little familar with how cable modems work. Even though you're in the same neighborhood doesn't always means you'll be on the same CMTS. Your node may be different now and that node may be combined back to a different CMTS thus different subnet. If you do have a cable modem, try accessing the net with your PC. Reboot cable modem to clear ARP entries and use dhcp. Conmpare you new IP on the PC with possibly a static entry on your router. If your router supports DHCP on the WAN side, then all of the above can be disregard. Verify that WAN and LAN interfaces are connected properly and that you have link lights. Not sure if it will help, but good luck.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card