Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 6500 connect to SunFire T2000 problem

rkwong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear guys,

I'm facing a problem while I connect a new SunFire T2000 to a Cat6500 WS-X6148-GE-TX gigabit ports. The switch "show interface" result shown "not connected". I've tried config the port as fixed speed 1000, but still no link on switch port. Is there any suggest on configuration I can fix this out?

Thanks!!!!!

5 Replies 5

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Are you using a straight-through cable ? If you are, can you confirm what the GigE port on the T2000 is configured as - what I mean is that you may need to use a crossover cable ....

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Hello Paresh,

You means I need a crossover cable connect between the T2000 server and Cat switch? I always thinking T2000 is a DTE device and I will try.

Thanks!

Rudolf

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

does it not connect when it's auto negotiate? how about 100/full? if cross-over cable does not work, try "switchport nonegotiate" under the interface, worth a try. I assume it's native IOS since you said show interface show not connected.

Hello Bosalaza,

I've tried add "switchport nonegotiate" on switchport config, but it doesn't work anyway. Also I've tried to fix both switchport and server as 100/full, the link on switch never come up; Otherway, form test result the only way to make it up is config both side as 100/half, but it doesn't make sense it cannot connect with Gigabit.

Rudolf

try "no mdix-auto" under the interface. see if that will bring the interface up. Strange it does not connect, line is up but protocol is down so physical is okay.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card