cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat6k Hybrid to Native Conversion

vcato
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Sup1A with MSFC/PFC that I have converted from hybrid to native. The conversion process went flawlessly, but when I issued the final reload to have it boot the native image automatically, I now cannot get into the console port. I get no output displayed during the boot process. It appears to be performing the boot cycle correctly, and I can even ping the interface I used to load the code, but I can't get the console port to work. Naturally, I can't telnet into it, as there are no passwords set. Is there something I'm missing? Have the console port characteristics changed when going to the c6sup11-ps-mz.121-13.E10 image?

I've performed these conversions many times on Sup2's with no problems at all, but this is my first Sup1A.

Any thoughts???

Vic

4 Replies 4

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

May be console port characteristics got changed when going to the new image. I guess you can revert back and see if it works....

Thanks for the response, but I ended up doing an RMA on this guy. By the way, I wouldn't have been able to revert back without getting into the console.

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not that I am aware off. Can you reset the switch and send a break sequence and see if you can break into rommon?

Thanks for the response, but I did an RMA on this mod, as it was obviously not happy. I did issue a break sequence and it appeared to halt the boot cycle (judging from the LEDs), but I never got anything on the screen.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card