cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 5500 Cable Management

sheddsj
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 11 of the 13 slots so the cat 5 and fiber is beginning to look like a web below the 5500 going into the floor. I was wondering if anyone could give me some examples of the types of cabling management they have used with this beast? Or can anybody recommend a website with some in-rack cable management options? Pictures would be greatly appriciated.

2 Replies 2

msenko
Level 1
Level 1

The Chatsworth catalog has some nice cable management suggestions for their racks.

http://www.chatsworth.com

Thanks, nice site. I had a idea today about possibly bringing the run cables into the back of the rack into an rj45 connector patch panel and then out the front out of a rj45 patch panel but i dont really want to punch another cable inbetween the backs of 2 patch panels, does anybody know if somebody makes a panel that has rj45 to rj45? Basically just like a regular patch panel but without having to punch down on the back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco