cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9500 Recessed Rack Mount

mmedcalf
Level 1
Level 1

We recently deployed a couple of Catalyst 9500 (C9500-24Y4C) that's warping our APC rack and bending down (length+weight+a single contact point at one end = a decently powerful lever).  We're ordering the appropriate 4-post rack kit (C9500-4PTH-KIT=) to solve this, but the APC rack presents another issue as well.  The fiber and DAC patches protrude too far to shut the door.

I cannot seem to find a part number for a recessed front mount bracket for the 9500 and doubly want to make sure it works with the aforementioned rack kit (which appears to adjust for length so I don't anticipate issues, but will take confirmation if I can get it).  For example, when our 2960x's are deployed in these racks, I'll pick up this kit: RCKMNT-REC-2KX=.

Is there a recessed mount bracket for the Catalyst 9500?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmedcalf
Level 1
Level 1

Ultimately we had a vendor suggest we use the aforementioned 4-post rack kit, then get recessed adapters like these.  Our longer-term solution will be to migrate a set of deeper servers from this rack, set the front posts back a bit, and dedicate this one to telecom equipment.

If anyone is looking for a similar solution, the linked adapters should work for anything, but do be sure you get the Cisco rack kit that's right for your 9500 as there are [at least] two that work for different versions of the 9500.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C9500-4PTH-KIT= these are bit adjustable with standard racks, 

RCKMNT-REC-2KX=.  - this not going to work on Cat 9500

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the confirmation on the 4-post bracket (C9500-4PTH-KIT=).  We'll pull the trigger on these regardless.

I agree that RCKMNT-REC-2KX= won't work.  I was worried I may not be describing what I need clearly and wanted to include a reference part.  Do you know if Cisco has a similar part for the 9500?

Thanks again!

C9500-4PTH-KIT=  (this comes with the same ears right? Do you want to buy separate brackets?

example :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-C9500-4PT-KIT-Four-Point-Rail-Rack-Mounting-Kit-19-for-Cisco-C9500-Switch-/313161378597

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I want a bracket like "RCKMNT-REC-2KX=", but for the 9500 so that it recesses into the rack a little bit to generate more clearance at the front of the rack.  So something that looks like this but is compatible with our 9500's:

RCKMNT-REC-2KX.jfif

Thanks again for helping me try to figure this out!

mmedcalf
Level 1
Level 1

Ultimately we had a vendor suggest we use the aforementioned 4-post rack kit, then get recessed adapters like these.  Our longer-term solution will be to migrate a set of deeper servers from this rack, set the front posts back a bit, and dedicate this one to telecom equipment.

If anyone is looking for a similar solution, the linked adapters should work for anything, but do be sure you get the Cisco rack kit that's right for your 9500 as there are [at least] two that work for different versions of the 9500.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: