cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7940 Support

bsmith0013
Level 1
Level 1

Q.Where do I go to change where the number “0” on a Cisco Ip phone 7940 series points too?

Details:

We have configured a lobby phone when someone arrives and picks up the phone and dials "0" this routes to an internal extension. I'm trying to change this extension to be a different extension. Thanks for the help in advance! :)

1 Reply 1

nmoore1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi bsmith0013,

It sounds like you want to treat "0" as a directory number.  The easiest way to accomplish this (I think) is by creating a translation pattern. 

In Unifiend Call Manager this can be found in the Call Routing tab and selecting Translation Pattern. Click the Find button to show any existing translation patterns.  I usually just copy an existing translation pattern and replace the values as needed.  Your DN "0" would go in the Translation Pattern box and then enter the DN of where you want the call to go in the Called Party Transform Mask text box.

Should be good to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: