Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime alerts Issue

JunaidM
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

Can you please guide me for this below? This generates by Cisco Prime and I think its related to the policies that are configured in my Router(CISCO_ROUTER). Policy name is "policy_limit" and it's class is "Limit_3Mb". Please advice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virtual Domain: ROOT-DOMAIN

PI has detected a change in one or more alarms of category Routers and severity Critical in Virtual Domain ROOT-DOMAIN.

The new severity of the following items is Clear:

1. Message: Interface CISCO_ROUTER/ (Input) policy_limit>>Limit_3Mb: Value of Percent Drop per QoS Class = 22 violated the set threshold: 10 - Automonitoring - WAN Interfaces - Device Name: CISCO_SWITCH_1 - Reporting Address: XX.XX.XX.XX

Failure Source: X.X.X.X:CISCO_ROUTER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be thankful for your support.

Regards,

1 Reply 1

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

"policy_limit" is default monitoring policy with "Limit_3Mb" and "threshold 10".

There is violation of 3Mb limit 22 times. You need to find out what limit suits your network.

You can change the threshold - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide_chapter_01101.html#task_1138921

Prime polls SNMP objects to gather monitoring information for policies under Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Monitoring Policies > Automonitoring

• Device Parameters—The table Device Parameter Automonitoring Metrics describes the device health parameters that are polled.
  • Interface Parameters—The table Interface Parameter Automonitoring Metrics describes the interface parameters that are polled for:
    • Trunk and Link Ports
    • WAN Interfaces