cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router 2610 - IOS

grako1984
Level 1
Level 1
Guys, need a quick help, I'm just about to update flash on my router 2610, but I don't know which IOS i should take
that's specification of my router:
Router#sh version
Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IS-M), Version 12.0(11), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1986-2000 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Sat 20-May-00 10:46 by htseng
Image text-base: 0x80008088, data-base: 0x808F19F4

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.3(2)XA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router uptime is 1 hour, 42 minutes
System restarted by power-on
System image file is "flash:c2600-is-mz.120-11.bin"

cisco 2610 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x203) with 29696K/3072K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID JAD04200GSE (3945289899)
M860 processor: part number 0, mask 49
Bridging software.
X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
Basic Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
1 ISDN Basic Rate interface(s)
32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2142 (will be 0x3962 at next reload)

many thanks in advance! :)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tomasz,

You don't need an exact match on DRAM and flash. As long as the installed DRAM or flash is greater than the amount stated on the software download page, then you're OK. Of those shown on the page you linked to, the only feature sets shown that you'll be able to run are those that have 32MB/8MB DRAM/flash requirement.

In the IOS 12.3M train you should be able to run IP/IPX/Appletalk, IP/FW/IDS or IP feature sets. In the 12.2M train you should be able to run IP/IPX/AppleTalk/DEC, IP/FW/IDS, IP/H323 or IP.

Good luck with your studies.

Regards

View solution in original post

Given that IPX, Appletalk and DEC are not part of the CCNA material then I would just opt for the IP feature set at this stage. I think the area you may struggle with though is IPv6 as I believe you're going to need an IP Plus image to support this.

If you've not seen it, the Cisco Feature Navigator (also from www.cisco.com/go/fn which is easier to remember) is a useful tool to determine which platform supports which featues within the various feature sets. This tool is worth taking a look at as it can save you an enormous amount of time.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You've got 32mb DRAM and 16mb flash.  Look for the IOS that'll fit this.

Configuration register is 0x2142 (will be 0x3962 at next reload)

Another thing, what are you trying to do????

Hi!

First of all, many thanks for your reply

Router I have indeed has 32/16 , and that's why I'm asking for help, as on Cisco software site

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=268437947&flowid=7260&softwareid=280805680&release=12.3.3i&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=LD&reltype=latest

I couldn't find matching flash. I still need help with this one.

Another thing - configuration register - it's already changed to - Configuration register is 0x2102

Reason why I got previously different one - I received this  router yesterday (I'm preparing for CCNA exam), but the router was  protected by the password and had configuration from company where was  replaced with the new one, so I just had to do the 'factory reset',  that's why you can see this configuration register.

Hi Tomasz,

You don't need an exact match on DRAM and flash. As long as the installed DRAM or flash is greater than the amount stated on the software download page, then you're OK. Of those shown on the page you linked to, the only feature sets shown that you'll be able to run are those that have 32MB/8MB DRAM/flash requirement.

In the IOS 12.3M train you should be able to run IP/IPX/Appletalk, IP/FW/IDS or IP feature sets. In the 12.2M train you should be able to run IP/IPX/AppleTalk/DEC, IP/FW/IDS, IP/H323 or IP.

Good luck with your studies.

Regards

Hi Steve,

Again, thank You for reply,

of those IOSes that  are available (for my router), which one, would you mostly recommend  (for CCNA studies - next week I'll get 1700 series router)?

Many thanks for your time!

Best regards

Given that IPX, Appletalk and DEC are not part of the CCNA material then I would just opt for the IP feature set at this stage. I think the area you may struggle with though is IPv6 as I believe you're going to need an IP Plus image to support this.

If you've not seen it, the Cisco Feature Navigator (also from www.cisco.com/go/fn which is easier to remember) is a useful tool to determine which platform supports which featues within the various feature sets. This tool is worth taking a look at as it can save you an enormous amount of time.

Regards

Hi Steve

Once again, many thanks for your time!

Thread can be closed by now.

Best regards

Tomasz Gierak