Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Upgrade Questions

Hi All,

I have been asked to look into upgrading our Network from 1Gb to 10Gb. We currently have the following architecture and was hoping you guys could have some suggestions on suitable Cisco kit for what i am trying to acheive.

2 x Colo Mirrored

6 x POPs

Cisco 6506-E

WS-SUP720-3B 2x1gb Ports

Plus a few SFP & RJ45 1gb line cards

Cisco 7604

RSP720-3CXL-GE 2x1gb Ports

The 6506 SUP is dual connected to the 7604 switch processor. Routing is done on the 7604 and all of our POPs are connected to the line cards of the 6500. So basically traffic out of our network reaches the 6500 goes to the 7600 gets its route then comes back into the 6500 and goes out via its chosen path/IPtransit.  

6 X Pops

3 X ME3600X 1Gb uplink to Colo

3 X ME3750 1Gb uplink to Colo plus redundant 

Business requirements are;

OSPF/BGP already running.

QinQ currently not configured/supported

IPV4/V6 MPLS Currently using LDP for L2 xconnects EVC

So my intial investigation I have reviewed the following

Cisco 6506-E

VS-S2T-10G 2x10gb Ports

Cisco 7604

WS-SUP720-3BXL 2x10gb Ports

6506 is dual connected to the 7604 on 10Gb which will upgrade, allow scalability and more routes to the current 1Gb cards. I need an additional line card that supports QinQ termination and has a decent amount of ports or a solution that allows partners to connect to us at the Core/ Data Center ME3800X? to and offer QinQ termination. So example customer connected to one of our POPs on a ME3600X wants access to their network connected at our Colo and wants QinQ. We bring all traffic from their port at our POP to the NNI at the Colo. We also have 2 x 1Gb cross site links between the 2 Colos i guess we could add additional 1gbs as and we needed to the 6500 line cards.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Cheers guys.

Ben

1 Reply 1

Ok, Looking at the

7600-ES20-GE3CXL

To offer QinQ termination, they are end of life but the ES20+ seem to be hard to find. I believe the line cards for 10Gb should be adequate enough for the requirements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: