cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco View no longer able to access switches via SNMP

jsingle
Level 1
Level 1

After Jan 1 I lost Cisco View, and was able t fix it with a patch from Cisco. After applying the patch i can no longer manage my 2924 Catalysts with Cisco view. It seems like there is an issue with the write community, but nothing has changed, and everything looks in order.

I get an SNMP authentication dialog from the switch, and my credentials are not being accepted.

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are you referring to Cisco View OR Cisco Visual Switch Manager?. Both are separate things.

Cisco View......

I am finding that when I attempt to connec to a device to perform management functions I get an intial authentication screen, and I am successful in providing those credentials. I suspect this dialog represents the local SNMP authentication.

A second login dialog appears requesting credentials. I provide the same login and password we have used all along, and it keeps appearing over and over. I have noticed that if I continue to provide the credentials as it requests them that SNMP data begins to appear.

It seems as though every request for SNMP information is being accompanied by a request for authentication....

Thoughts?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn16052.shtml. I believe that you're referring to Cisco Visual Switch Manager (CVSM) here which is also a GUI based app, but is NOT Cisco View. Note that CVSM works with Java Plug-in 1.2.2 only whereas Cisco View requires Java Plug-in 1.3.1

There is no presence of the Cisco Visual Switch Manager on my screen, only Cisco View.

CVSM is not a separate app but just a html/java (cv) image that you run on the switch itself.

You are correct. This bug also affect the 3500 line of switches as well. There is an IOS update currently in the works, and should be out by Feb 6.

Thank you for your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card