cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Crypto key on 4500

bud.nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is the proper forum, if not apologies. After generating a new Crypto key is the key stored in a file on the 4500 and if so what is the fikle name ? Anauditor wants us to centrally store all keys and certs. I disagree as generating new keys is simple but I have been voted down.

thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have ready access to a 4500 but I'm pretty sure it is stored in the config only. I just checked my router and it is not stored as a file anywhere and I assume most/all IOS devices are the same for keys. If an auditor wants all the keys stored at a central location, you'll be using PKI and you will cut-n-past the cert into the config on the device.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have ready access to a 4500 but I'm pretty sure it is stored in the config only. I just checked my router and it is not stored as a file anywhere and I assume most/all IOS devices are the same for keys. If an auditor wants all the keys stored at a central location, you'll be using PKI and you will cut-n-past the cert into the config on the device.

Ok that's what I thought. Thanks for the help.