Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Error in CW RME

Hello,

after a Server Reboot, i get the following Error

FAIL Self Test Fail to query rme.DbVersion, Error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: unable to start database engine

Self Test Fail to query rme.SYSTABLE, Error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: unable to start database engine

We are using WINNT with SP6a and the CISCO LAN Management Solutions

CD One 2nd Edition, RME 3.1, Campus Manager 3.0

Any help is welcome

Regards

Thomas

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

From the CLI, if you do a 'net stop crmdmgtd' and after a min or two do 'net start crmdmgtd', does it make any difference?

Hello,

thank you for your Reply.

After ´net start crmdmgtd' the Services are in the following state:

CMF rsh/rcp service Started Automatic

CMF tftp service Started Automatic

CMF syslog service Started Automatic

CW2000 ANI database engine Manual

CW2000 Cmf database engine Manual

CW2000 Daemon Manager Started Automatic

CW2000 Essentials database engine Manual

CW2000 VisiBroker Smart Agent Manual

The DB Error still exists.

Any Help is welcome

CD-One 2nd Edition does not supports NT SP6a, only SP5.

Hello,

thank you again for your response.

We run this configuration 3 Years.

Last time i have the problem i copy the backup directory "cmf" and "rme" to "CSCOpx/databases" . But this time it does not work.

Any suggestions

P.S. Excuse my bad english

Regards

Thomas

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Your database is corrupt. I hope you've scheduled DB archives is you're using the native DB and/or have a current exported inventory in a CSV or data integration format. You've got to go throught the process of slicking RME's databases (process is in the FAQ) and restoring copy or the flatfile.

Having used Cw2k from its first release I suggest that you back up everything possible outside of the internal application processes becuase the system will crater itsself at the most in opportune time. Having said that derrogatory stuff, I still think that Cw2k is the best solution I've seen for network gear alone.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card