Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP POOL "LEASE" TIME

HI

I have the following problem. I have an access router which provides the users IP Addresse over a DHCP Pool. So far no problem. BUT i want that the IP from a user is NOT USED for eg 10 min. afer he logged out.

So that the next user didnt get the ip address from the user befor. is there any possible solution for that?

thanks for your help

Bernhard

5 Replies 5

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

enter your dhcp pool configuration and in there enter:

lease

ie

router(dhcp pool)# lease 1

this will give your users a lease time of 1 day for instance

hope this helps

I know that but i think thats not the feature i want, bc the lease time is just the time how long the ip belongs to the user and when the lease time is over the user must request a new ip from the access server. is that right?!?!

bernhard

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am assuming that the Access router is used to provide dialin service and acting as dhcp client and server too.

In that case as soon as the user disconnect, the ip address along with the lease should be released and available for others too..Let me know if its not..

No the ip should not given a new user after a user disconnect. the ip should be "ON HOLD" for a special time. so that the ip address from the first user is not the same as the ip from the second user after the first disconnect.

I hope i write it understandable =) do you know what i mean?

bernhard

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

bernhard,

i had presumed from your question that you did not want addresses to be given out again staright away, dhcp uses lease times for this, as the routers lease times are in days then you will have to set it to at least 1 day otherwise the ip addresses will go straight back into the pool.

this is how dhcp works

hope this helps

dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: