Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disable snmp polling for lsmpi_io on ASR1000 series

Hi There,

I'm getting false positive alarm for ASR 1002 memory utilization in Cisco LMS because of lsmpi_io and I was wondering how can I change the alarm level in LMS or disable snmp just for lsmpi_io and still get the actual memory utilization alarm.

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Hooman,

I've had a look, but can't find the OID for lsmpi_io, however if you know it try these commands:

snmp-server view disable_lsmpi excluded

snmp-server community public view disable_lsmpi RO

...this assumes your community string is 'publc'

cheers,

Seb.

Thanks Seb for your reply.

unfortunatley I don't know the OID for lsmpi_io. Do you know how to disable it in LMS?

Hi Hooman,

Have tried browsing the SNMP navigator: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do

The best I can find is the CiscoMemoryPoolMIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48  .

Try an snmpwalk of the objects below this item and see if any of the counters match what LMS is reporting to inidcate the correct MIB.

Failing that, the only other option is snmpwalk the entire tree on the ASR and just search for the value reported in LMS.

The value may fluctuate, so try search for the leftmost digits of the value to start with.

cheers,

Seb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: