cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EOL firmware purchase?

pashdown1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of EOL and out-of-support Cisco products that are still in operation.  I'd like to install the last stable firmware that was released for them.  How do I do this?  Is there a way to buy access to all Cisco firmware without a support contract?  Is there a way to buy one-off downloads?

2 Replies 2

turnera
Level 1
Level 1

Pete,

Your only legal option is SmartNet contracts for all the products that you want to update. And if the items are very old there is a probability that Cisco is not even providing updated IOS access to them at this time.

It may just be that a better solution to this problem would be to begin the updating process of your current equipment and be sure to get SmartNet contracts for the items you purchase so you can continue to update the respective IOS's as they are released.

turnera wrote:

Pete,

Your only legal option is SmartNet contracts for all the products that you want to update. And if the items are very old there is a probability that Cisco is not even providing updated IOS access to them at this time.

It may just be that a better solution to this problem would be to begin the updating process of your current equipment and be sure to get SmartNet contracts for the items you purchase so you can continue to update the respective IOS's as they are released.

Not really.

Note that depending on the dates, new smartnet contracts cannot be purchased for EoS/EoL products. These dates are all specified in the EoS/EoL announcemnt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: