cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EVPN Multihoming with ESI

defreiro
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing a problem with my EVPN multi homing implementation and I wanted to post this question to see if anyone might be able to assist. The problem I am experiencing is EVPN multi-homing with ESI actually works on my fabric overlay with N9Ks for any southbound VPC configured towards my firewalls. However any VPCs southbound to my L2 switches (3750-X and 3850s), my VPCs do not work. For the VPCs not working, on the Nexus side it just shows no operational members and on the 3750-X and 3850 it shows in the logs that their is a channel mis-config and all the interfaces are put in an err-disabled state.

I have double checked the port-channel configurations, but I do not see any problems with the configurations. I wanted to put this out to the forum to see if anyone has experienced this. I am running on the NXOS side nxos.7.0.3.I5.2, which was the supported version to do EVPN multi homing with ESI.

1 Reply 1

andrei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem and actually it seems there is an issue with spanning tree over ESI port channel

I disabled STP on the leafs for those VLANs which configured  on ESI  port-channel and it worked.

Also I believe you can just filter BPDU on both sides of the port-channel

Regards,

Andrei

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: