Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 Console Cable

I'm need to connect to the Console port of an EX60. Documentation mentions a "special cable" but I have Cisco Serial to RJ45 console cable kicking around and am wondering if anyone knows if that would work or if I need to make the special RS232 to TTL/CMOS convertor cable.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this thread can be helpful :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/ex90-making-a-console-cable-and-consoling-in/ta-p/3115262

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

On a side note, just in case anybody is curious why the EX60 and EX90 have these 'weird' connections: I remember that Cisco acquired a Norwegian company called Tandberg somewhere around 2009 or so, which was a big name in video teleconferencing. So the EX60 and EX90 are not designed or manufactured by Cisco.

Somewhat similar to the Catalyst switches, which all come from acquired companies (Grand Junction Networks, Crescendo Communications, and Kalpana). All of that happened a very long time ago...

Thanks Marce1000
I had read that post. I have an only Cisco RS232-RJ45 Console cable from an old Catalyst switch. I'm wondering if it will work for the EX60. Given Georg Pauwen's comment about the origins of the Catalyst line being different than that of the EX line, I'm less than hopeful.