cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

gigstack configuration in campus manager

awilson3rd
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if gigastack configurations on 6509 and 3548xl's are supported on Topology manager?

The gigstack configurations do not display on topology views. This is only when the switches have the gigstack connections plugged in. When 4 switches are stacked but the top 2 are not connected to the bottom switch the top 2 will display but the bottom 2 (gigastack connected) will not display.?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

sojelade
Level 1
Level 1

You are right I found this out last week and passed it on to my SE as I was not sure if this was a problem with Ciscoworks 2000 or the catalyst switches. On reflection I noticed that this came to light after I have upgraded the software on the 3500 switches to the latest software .WC7.

I am still waiting a reply from a reply and I am glad someone else have noticed this as it was quite frustrating not to be able to get to the bottom of the problem after searching throughout Cisco site for any mention of a problem

Regards

Thanks for that, if you hear anything could you please let me know.

Thanks

Andre w

I have had a reply back from my SE who reported the problem to TAC. As advised, the problem you are running into on the topology services map is

bug ref: CSCdy05352

I am not any wiser what the actual problem is but I noticed that it occurred after upgrading to the latest versions of software. i.e 3550 - c3550-i9q3l2-mz.121-13.EA1 and 3500 - c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC7.bin.

I await the fix. I will try reloading the older version of software and see if this correct the problem.

I have had a look at the different versions of the software and the problem is to do with version WC7. I have tested it with versions WC5 and WC5a without any problem. I have reloaded version WC5a on the affected areas and waits the fix for WC7.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card