cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

However I changed to config 0x2142, it was not changed...

Soon Kwan Kwon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

While I am trying to test my SUP720 module, I figured out that it was not working properly.

Maybe I think that it turned out NVRAM problem. ( Related to this, I found this URL -> http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1566695 )

I feel like knowing following sentences.

1. Is upper URL right information??...

2. Can I fix this without technician? ( only in CLI environment)

Thanks & Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/45681-720bug-passwd-45681.html

Steps 4 - 6 are as follows;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Power down and then power up the router with the help of the power switch.

5 Press Break on the terminal keyboard right after the RP gains control of the console port. On the Catalyst 6500 that runs Cisco IOS, the SP boots first. It then turns control over to the RP. After the RP gains control, initiate the break sequence. The RP has gained control of the console port when you see this message. (Do not initiate the break sequence until you see this message):

00:00:03: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to route processor

Due to Cisco bug ID CSCec36997 ( registered customers only) (Password recovery on sup720-native leads to crash on SP), you have about 10 seconds to complete Step 6 before the switch crashes.

If the break sequence does not work, refer to the Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery for other key combinations.

6 Type confreg 0x2142 at the rommon 1> prompt to boot from Flash without loading the configuration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you see the configured hostname or Router prompt after it comes back up?

Also, pay attention to the part where it says to break in when SP transfers control over to the RP and the 10 seconds you have to change the config register.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

conf t

config-registry 0x2102

end

wr

reload

Thank you for reply.

But....That's not what I want.

Actually...

When I enter config mode, there is a password.

But I don't remember password.

So, I should enter Rommon mode.

But in rommon, I typed "confreg 0x2142" and "reset"

I also don't enter enable mode.. due to Password.

Please let me know how to configure..?

But in rommon, I typed "confreg 0x2142" and "reset"

Yes.

Thank you^^

I solved its issue.

But I have another issue about deleting vlan.dat

Actually I knew I should type "erase startup-config" and "delete vlan.dat" in order to initialize Router.

Maybe there is another way to delete vlans?

For reference, I don't set VTP mode.

cf)

Router#show disk0:
-#- --length-- -----date/time------ path
1     76971076 Mar 31 2015 08:23:00 s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF4.bin
2     81765412 Apr 27 2015 08:31:04 s72033-entservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.bin

353320960 bytes available (158744576 bytes used)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/45681-720bug-passwd-45681.html

Steps 4 - 6 are as follows;

4 Power down and then power up the router with the help of the power switch.

5 Press Break on the terminal keyboard right after the RP gains control of the console port. On the Catalyst 6500 that runs Cisco IOS, the SP boots first. It then turns control over to the RP. After the RP gains control, initiate the break sequence. The RP has gained control of the console port when you see this message. (Do not initiate the break sequence until you see this message):

00:00:03: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to route processor

Due to Cisco bug ID CSCec36997 ( registered customers only) (Password recovery on sup720-native leads to crash on SP), you have about 10 seconds to complete Step 6 before the switch crashes.

If the break sequence does not work, refer to the Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery for other key combinations.

6 Type confreg 0x2142 at the rommon 1> prompt to boot from Flash without loading the configuration.

Do you see the configured hostname or Router prompt after it comes back up?

Also, pay attention to the part where it says to break in when SP transfers control over to the RP and the 10 seconds you have to change the config register.

HTH

Ah~ now I learned that I should type "reset" after "00:00:03: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to route processor" sentence appear.

I overlooked it.

Thank you ^^

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card