cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab 10.4.4 failed to ping PC B from PC A (Packet Tracer)

aforeman506
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing Lab 10.4.4- Building a Switch and Router Network (Packet Tracer) and I believe I configured the topology correctly but when I went to ping it timed out and failed. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out what went wrong, and I have no idea what I'm missing.This might be a ditto but I can't tell if I actually submitted this or not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the switch has no IP address on Vlan 1, and no default gateway. The instructions do not mention anything about configuring the switch. I added an IP address and a default gateway, find attached the revised file.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

aforeman506,

Good job providing which lab is being worked on; along with the instructions and Packet Tracer file.
Please try to be more specific when stating the problem. For example: unable to ping from PC-A to PC-B.
In your Packet Tracer file: PC-A can ping PC-B, but Switch S1 is unable to ping PC-A.
S1 is missing some configuration:
Gateway address
VLAN 1 IP address and subnet mask

Apologies, My previous post had a typo.
   Typo: but Switch S1 is unable to ping PC-A.
   Correction: but Switch S1 is unable to ping PC-B.

The instructions indicate to ping PC-B from S1. Currently, S1 is unable to ping PC-B.
   S1's Gateway and VLAN1 IP address/subnet mask need to be configured.

Hello,

the switch has no IP address on Vlan 1, and no default gateway. The instructions do not mention anything about configuring the switch. I added an IP address and a default gateway, find attached the revised file.

When I got to the part it said Ping PC-B from a command prompt window on PC-A and when it did it, I kept getting Request timed out on all the packets I sent despite attempting the ping several times but now trying the ping again a few days later it suddenly started to work and stopped timing out.

Hello,

I opened your lab and could ping both PCs from each other, and vice versa, so I am not sure where or what the problem is ?

When I got to the part where it said Ping PC-B from a command prompt window on PC-A and when it did it, I kept getting Request timed out on all the packets I sent despite attempting the ping several times, but now trying the ping again a few days later it suddenly started to work and stopped timing out. No idea what changed perhaps I was unlucky?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco