cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LOGS

sridhar_kamath
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a software that can be used to analyse the logs produced by cisco products like pix or router.

thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

bobby-long
Level 1
Level 1

If you are talking about a syslog server software, I use Winsyslog. It captures logging from my 2611 router and (through ODBC) posts it to an access database. Then you can set up queries to run for different things. Like I have queries for "denied"s that exceed a preset number to catch people pokin' around too much.

Z

Do you have software for syslog server or winsyslog? Please mail me the url or the software. I need this on WINNT platform.

mssearle
Level 1
Level 1

Kiwi Syslog Daemon is also pretty good. It is simple to use and allows you to create compund filter statements that can be used to track specific transactions and save them to a specific file. It also supports the TCP option for configuring syslog from a PIX firewall. However, be careful with this as if your syslog server goes down the PIX will stop passing traffic. This does not occur with a UDP configuration.

Do you have software. Please mail me the url or the software. I need this on WINNT platform.

I've used both Kiwi and Winsyslog and they work fine.

Here's a link for Winsyslog:

http://www.winsyslog.com/en/

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card