Views
Helpful
Replies

LS1010: ATM bandwidth guarantee and policing with different rates

jgross
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

on a LS1010 i can configure vbr-nrt Soft VCs.

This will guarantee the specified bandwidth to the vc. If there is no traffic on the vc, bandwidth is available for other vcs. If the vc needs more bandwidth, it will get more bandwidth, if it is available.

Now I can enforce an uppper limit for the data rate on the vc, by using "Usage-Parameter-Control (UPC): drop" and Packet-discard-option: enabled.

This upper limit is now equal to the guaranteed bandwidth.

atm connection-traffic-table-row index 600 vbr-rt pcr 38000 scr0 33000 mbs 100

atm soft-vc 1 601 dest-address <ATM target address> 1 500 pd on upc drop rx-cttr 600 tx-cttr 600

This upper limit is now equal to the guaranteed bandwidth, so in this example scr0 of 33000 kbyte is

guaranteed, and because of the statements "pd on upc drop" is also the upper limit.

Question: Is there a possibility to have different vlaues for the bandwitdh guaranteed to the pvc, ant the bandwitch the pvc is limmited to, i.e. guarantee a bandwidth of 33000 kbyes, but limit to 50000 kbytes ?

Bye

Jo

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

As far as I know, you can not achieve that. Any one knows a trick?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: