cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC address is not learning

shubhamtater
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on 5700 switch where MAC address in not learning when connecting to Atlas Copco PowerMACs control which is on same VLAN but when I connect some other device with same IP than MAC address start learning. There is one more thing this Atlas device is working properly when using with some unmanned hub. Can anyone please suggest on this. 

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What do you mean by 'MAC address in not learning ...' , is the device usable in the network ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Yes, that device is usuable in network. We did change in configuration from full duplex to half duplex and we was able to get MAC address that is only for 15 mins. But after that no luck, still no MAC is learning on that port for that device. 

- If the device is usable I would not consider this high priority , which command do you use to investigate MAC learning ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Mac not learn ? 

Do you check stp?

Hello,

what exactly are you connecting the Atlas to ? As far as I recall, there is no 5700 switch, there are 5700 WLC and NCS 5700 models ? What is the speed of the port on (whatever device you are using) ?