Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring the ISDN BRI Backup links.

m.salah
Level 1
Level 1

Deers,

I have 50 ISDN BRI links act as a backup links for the main ATM E1 links, I need a monitor tool or monitor command to show our operators every 2 second or more (Referesh Screen)whiches Branchs are working on the ISDN backup links, cause our service provider are not pro-active to tell that your main link is down and you are working on the ISDN BRI.

We have Cisco works, NMIS and MRTG only to manage our network.

Appreciate your feedbacks.

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi ther

have u tried whtsupgold in the past ?i think that can fit into ur requirement,

if u hvent used in that u can mention/configure ur remote host ip address which is assiged to the bri port.u can configure whtsup gold to poll that device every 5secs thts the min i think.

regds

Hi Dear,

thank you for your feedback.

I have downloaded the whatsup Gold and discovered all my routers,and connected them to the main router with the proper links.

The problem is that, when I linked the ISDN BRI port to the main backup router, the link shows on a gray color and it didn't goes green or red when I shutted down the main interface ATM0/0

How can I connect the BRI port of the Branch Router to the backup main Router (by which interface, Dialer, BRI0/0 or BRI0:0.1)?

All what I need to see is the ISDN link goes green when it comes up and the main link goes down.

Appreciated.

Hi Dear,

thank you for your feedback.

I have downloaded the whatsup Gold and discovered all my routers,and connected them to the main router with the proper links.

The problem is that, when I linked the ISDN BRI port to the main backup router, the link shows on a gray color and it didn't goes green or red when I shutted down the main interface ATM0/0

How can I connect the BRI port of the Branch Router to the backup main Router (by which interface, Dialer, BRI0/0 or BRI0:0.1)?

All what I need to see is the ISDN link goes green when it comes up and the main link goes down.

Appreciated.

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

We use a product from Solarwinds to monitor our T1 and ISDN links. There are several different models each with different features. You can download an evaluation copy from www.solarwinds.net and give it a try. Ours is set to send an alert when the Bearer channels go active.

Hy bberry whe use also solarwinds, but have you managed to see to witch site the ser int is connected.

You can see witch ser int is up, but not to witch site he is connected.

Whe have only sites that dail in.

whe have no outgoing connections.

thansk Marc

cnoctools
Level 1
Level 1

If you have CiscoWorks it would be simplest to use the Device Fault Manager (DFM) part of CiscoWorks. You would neeed to setup a policy for the ISDN links that says that their normal state is down so that when the interface comes up you get an alarm. Same with the E1 links. When they go down (the default policy says an interface should be up) you will get an alarm to say that the interface is down.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card