cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mutial BGP to OSPF redistribution

tshibos
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to have a mutual redistribution from OSPF TO BGP(please see attachment). I have 1 remote site and 2 local sites. connection to the remote site are 2 internet DS-3 running BGP with ISP and I have VPN tunnels running ospf. I have 1 edge router and 1 internal router in both of my local sites running EBG between edge and internal routers and OSPF running between local routers on a DWDM circuit. I am Trying to influence routing at the remote site to give a lower metric for routes originating from each local sites. I have been able to accomplish that with applying a route-map on OSPF to BGP redistribution matching each metric and setting to the desired OSPF metric. The route-map is pretty long. Is there a way to make this process dynamic (keep the metric from on protocol to the other)?

1 Reply 1

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Well I cannot read the attachement. But for redistribution of OSPF to BGP the cost is automatically used as MED value. If you want to change this I would suggest to use BGP communities and redistribution with a route-map matching the community and setting the desired metric or vice versa.

regards

Martin