Views
Helpful
Replies

New SSID question

Andrew White
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We have been bought be another company and they are installing their own WAN link into out office and switches too.  These will trunk to our switches.

They have asked if they can add one of their SSIDs to our WLC and utilise out access points.  They want the RADIUS authentication and DHCP (relay) for their SSID to go over the WAN to their HQ.  Does this sound possible?

The way I understand it is we will need a new VLAN on their switches and ours (over the trunk) and then add it to the WLC, but creating a new interface?  Then when I create the SSID I select the interface name?

What about the interface IP and gateway, what will this be?  I'm assuming it will be from the new VLAN on their switches?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi

It can be implemented but you need to apply routing between the companies in order to reach the different network segments. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi @Andrew White 

They have asked if they can add one of their SSIDs to our WLC and utilize out access points.  They want the RADIUS authentication and DHCP (relay) for their SSID to go over the WAN to their HQ.  Does this sound possible?

Yes, I'm not sure if you share your building with them, if the answer is yes, just need to add the new VLANs for your SSID services on your switches and allowed them trunks ports. On your WLC you will need to create a new dynamic interface with one IP address for the new VLAN and configure the gateway and DNS server address. Your gateway will be your new interface vlan or sub-interface on your routersr

The way I understand it is we will need a new VLAN on their switches and ours (over the trunk) and then add it to the WLC, but creating a new interface?  Then when I create the SSID I select the interface name?

Yes, you're right 

What about the interface IP and gateway, what will this be?  I'm assuming it will be from the new VLAN on their switches?

Well if you decide to create a new SVI on your switches, for example, this:

interface vlan10

ip address 10.10.10.254 255.255.255.0

You can use 10.10.10.253 for your dynamic interface, you will use the same mask and your DG could be the SVI ip address, I mean 10.10.10.254.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***

**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**