cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Old network guy.. new network design

obrien2010
Level 1
Level 1

Need some direction. I've been networking for 22 years. Been out of the architectural stuff for about 6 years.  Now I am faced with building a simple spine and leaf design for a school district with 9000 Nexus gear.  I am too grounded in vlans and STP to understand this and just jump in.  Need some advice on where to start learning.  Been to about 100 sites that describe the architecture but when it comes to  hitting the CLI and configuring... totally lost.

Anyone have book suggestions or online resources that would teach at my level?  Template scripts would be a huge assistance so I can dismantle and work backwards for my needs.  Even basic syntax and acronyms are becoming foreign to me.

Any direction is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

pmckenzie
Level 3
Level 3

From what Cisco is saying I think this will be an ongoing "thing"

On your search did you see this guide which has diagrams and some code.

spine.PNG
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-9000-series-switches/guide-c07-733228.html#_Toc429564851 

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who

I'll check it out today... Thanks, Ace!!  I've got work to do....

sort of miss the old episodes. Glad to see another aficionado. 

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: