Views
Helpful
Replies

One card of 48 ports has been reloaded in Cisco 7600

NEREIDA MAYORAL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a Cisco7600 with some 10/100/1000 cards.

One of them has been reloaded by the Catalyst and appears the next message:

%C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 12 set off (Fabric channel errors)

What could be the cause or the faulty component?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Did u try inserting the same into another slot ??

if not can you just try that out and check ??

also can u try this command out in your box 10--the module number in which the card is installed

hw-module module 10 reset

it will be 12 in your case and i feel ur using 7613 over there.

also refer the reason and the recommended action recommended once you get this error message..

1. %C6KPWR-4-DISABLED: Power to module in slot [dec] set [chars]

This message indicates that the module in the indicated slot was powered off for the indicated reason. [dec] is the slot number, and [chars] indicates the power status.

Recommended Action: Your recovery procedure depends on the reason indicated in the message.

if nothing comes out would suggestto check out the same with the support peopl over there or take this up with TAC ...

regds

Hi,

I've the card on line because a few minutes after this message, appears another indicating that the card is on.

The question I have is:

- what could cause this reload?

I've an external syslog and there is no previous logs one hour prior to the restart of this card.

- how can I indentify who is causing 'Fabric channel errors'? I see in the sh fabric channel more errors in other cards.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: