Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet loss showing strange result

I need some help me figure out why ping drops but I still get 0% packet loss:

> ping rapid count 1000 size 1400
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1000 packets transmitted, 997 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.480/1.818/15.843/1.369 ms

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bryson F
Level 1
Level 1

3 drops out of 1000 is also not enough to round up to 1% if my quick math is correct. i think its only a .3% packet loss i would not label that as an issue per say either.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what device is this  ? what IOS Code running ?

where is the destination IP (what device is that)  what is the source IP ?

is this only for 1 device and IP all over network?

can you show us the routing table and traceroute to the destination?

Also, provide  below information where possible :

show run

show interface x/x (where the outgoing interface )

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Bryson F
Level 1
Level 1

3 drops out of 1000 is also not enough to round up to 1% if my quick math is correct. i think its only a .3% packet loss i would not label that as an issue per say either.