cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 7.3.1. visual error (Webcam)

limey75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm following lab instructions in this version of PT. I don't think I can say too much about the lab here as its paid material. 

Anyway, please see the below image. I'm experiencing an issue getting the image of the webcam view to display at all in the server browser. It should show a solid black rectangle (actually "camera_off.png"), but as you can see, the image link is somehow broken.

As far as I can see the camera is on and I have followed the instructions of the lab correctly.

Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know a fix?

PT version 7.3.1.0362 on Windows 10 64-bit.

I'm also pasting below an image of the logical network. 

Thanks!

Ed

PT issue.jpg

IoT network.jpg

11 Replies 11

Hello,

I am trying to recreate your setup...what exactly do you do on the server ?

--> I'm experiencing an issue getting the image of the webcam view to display at all in the server browser.

I want to see what that looks like on my laptop.

Hi Georg,

Thanks for your interest in my issue. I don't have time to try to explain it all, so I'll just post the PT file here. Hopefully you can quickly make sense of it.

Thanks, Ed

Hello,

I have the file open. What do you click on to see the webcam screen ?

Thanks, Georg. 

You go to the browser of the server, enter 192.168.1.1 into the URL bar. (First you need to register and/or login with credentials "101labs / hello".

Then it takes you to the IoT Server- Devices page. You activate the webcam by pressing the red rectangle on the right until it goes green. (You will see in the logical network on the canvas the webcam now has a red light on it).

Right below the activation button you will see what should be the image from the webcam - which gets activated by the motion sensor - is broken. But it should be a black rectangle. So something is wrong with the app setup, it seems.

I can post a further jpg of how things should look if it would help.

Thanks, Ed

Hello,

it is definitely related to the Packet Tracer version you use. In version 7.3.1, I got the same problem as you have. With version 7.2.1, it works perfectly.

I have the working file attached, you need to open it in 7.2.1. I also added two conditions, so the camera is connected to the motion detector.

Many thanks, Georg. So I wasn't going crazy

I will try it then in 7.2.1 and come back.

Thanks, Ed

Hi again Georg,

Sorry it took me a while to come back. It all looks good, but when I look at the camera and motion sensor in the server browser, I get the message "No remote control API". At present I can't find out what this means. So, I'll either try to redo the lab from scratch or troubleshoot in some other way.

Thanks for your help with this, I appreciate it.

Ed

Hello,

odd. You get that message with the lab that I sent ?

Hi Georg, yes, I'm afraid so. I may just redo the lab this weekend.

Thanks, Ed

muhammadjamro
Level 1
Level 1

I had exactly same problem with packet Tracer 7.3.0 version.

Today, I installed on another PC previous version 7.2.0 and created the same model IoT with motion detector. Surprisingly it worked and motion icon a person moving through the glass door was walking when there was motion in front of motion detector (i.e. kept pressed Alt key and hovered mouse curser over motion detector)

Then I came to my other PC with Packet Tracer 7.3.1 and tested same file, since it is backword compatible, it did run the file but had showed broken image under webcam in IoT devices instead of Black rectangular box. Also no interactive visual e.g. a person walking showing motion.

I conclude that this is some bug in 7.3.1 version e.g. the links or paths are missing.

Many people have reported this and Cisco does not offer any solution.

Try previous version 7.2.0 but I suggest use a spare PC to experiment and then help yourself.

Kind Regards

Muhammad

Try previous version 7.2.2. It also worked fine with this version.

I suggest using a spare PC to experiment and then help yourself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco