Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Problem Installing IPM 2.5 Database Server not running

marco.gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am installing Internetwork Performance Monitor (IPM) version 2.5 for Windows (Cisco Works 2000 Lan Management Solutions bundle is already installed on the same machine, and working ok), but I get a consistent problem during the installation.

By the end of the installation, the setup wizard tries to start all of the IPM servers, and fails to start the database server with a "wrong password" message.

At this point the installation ends, and even though IPM seems to be properly installed, clients cannot connect to the server.

If I try to start IPM servers from the Windows menu, I get a message like "IPM Database Server failed to start. Will not continue..."

Any ideas on what may be the problem?

I have already reinstalled IPM on a "fresh" CW2000 installation, and get the same results. I also tried IPM 2.5.1 IDU on top of IPM 2.5, with the same result.

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The right place to check if the installation went on well is the following document. HTH.

Installation Guide for Internetwork Performance Monitor 2.5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps1008/products_installation_guide_book09186a008017ae8b.html

Thank you for the URL,

Yes, well, maybe I didn't explain myself. I am following the installation instructions as in the above URL (exactly).

When I get to the part that says: "Enter the Administrative password" I am able to enter any password of my choosing. The installation resumes and everything seems to go OK.

However, no matter what password I enter, before the end of the installation I get an error in the way of "incorrect admin password". The installation window continues, though, and it seems to finish OK (except for the said processes that don't run).

Is there a special password that one should be using during the installation of IPM? From the installation guide I gather that any password should work.

Maybe I could verify the IPM passwords in a configuration file somewhere?

Any ideas?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card