Views
Helpful
Replies

PPP Multillink and VWIC-2MFT-T1

mark-johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to find out for sure if the VWIC-2MFT-T1 card will support ppp multilink. We have a situation where we will be linking 4 T1s between our site and a remote site. I was thinking of placing a 3600 series router at both ends and dropping 2 VWICs in them to handle the 4 T1s. Before we go ahead and buy it all, I have been trying to find out if this is supported by the card. Amy reccomendations are also helpful. Thanks in advance.

Mark

5 Replies 5

rlcarr
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

I'm successfully using the 2MFT-T1 today with PPP Multilink on 2 T1's in a 3640. I see no reason why it wouldn't work for 4.

Happy Routing.

Ron

That is what I needed to hear. Thanks a lot!!

Could you send me your config on how you set up the controller's...I am lost on how to create serial interfaces with this card...

Joe

Here are a few steps.

1) Enter config mode ( config t )

2) type 'controller t1 (number)

3) setup the linecode and the framing here.

4) then you can type channel-group (number) timeslots (number of channels) speed 64

This will then create a Serial interface for you using the channels you alloted in the group. Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark,

Just a word of caution...This might not have anything to do with 3600 series routers, but only something to do with the IOS (bug) and specific hardware. I had a customer who had a 3745 router with NM-HDV and VWIC-2MFT-T1 used on a PPP multilink. The router crashed every time we sent a packet across the link. Finally the only IOS that fixed this problem was 12.3.9T which came out weeks ago..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card