cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Printer is printing garbage with new T1 connection

jbouwkamp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that was using a 56k leased line between two locations. The remote location had citrix terminals and a printer that connected to a server back at the main office (using IP). When we upgraded the 56k line to a full T1 the printer now prints some of the spooled info but not all, when we switch back to the 56k it works fine. No special configs are in use just an IP address on each end of the connection using HDLC etc....any ideas why we would be getting garbled printing?

2 Replies 2

raymong
Level 4
Level 4

Besides printing, does all other IP traffic work correctly? If so, I would suggest putting a sniffer on the line to see if the packet payload is getting corrupted when it is sent across the T1.

yes, all other IP traffic works correctly, the dumb terminals use windows terminal services to communicate with the server and that works great. So If I sniff the line and see corrupt packets, how do I correct that? I dread telling SBC to fix it heh...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: