cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private T1 between offices.

kendalle01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dedicated T1 between an office in Detroit and Chicago. I have two 1751s that I want place in each office and then tie together. To keep thing simple and safe I won't tie either router into the existing networks. Looking for any documentation, suggestions or tips on getting this accomplished.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

So whats the purpose of this T1 between the two sites ? an isolated point-to-point connection not connecting ot your production network at either ends ?? To setup the point to point t1, you can check this link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3129/products_tech_note09186a00800b1501.shtml

Use clock source internal on one side, while clock source line on the other side.

If you still want to connect these routers to your existing network, through a firewall. If you already have a firewall in place, one of the 1751s could be terminated in the DMZ of the PIX and have FW controlled access between both locations.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thank you very much for the response; it was a big help. An isolated point to doesn't make sense; it will tie our two networks together. The idea of putting it on the DMZ sound great though we don't have one currently set up on the PIX in Detroit. With that in mind, I imagine I'd tie into our Catalyst in Detroit and our Pix in Chicago??? Or would I tie directly to the main router in Chicago??? It's a private T1 so all my security is taken care of by other means.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card