cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Campus Manager being viewed over web connection via Firewall

kelly-mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are running the latest version of CW2K LMS bundle. We have set the system up onsite and all works OK. We are now trying to remotley manage the Network and we have a 2 Meg Leased line into it, which hits a Checkpoint Firewall. We can connect to everything all be it slowly, however it will not load Campus Manager, it gets to the point of trying to connect to the ANI server, but then issues an error message 'Cannot Connect to ANI Server' and says that it's an unknown error, and to make sure the ANI server is running. We have checked all of this but I can't help thinking that it's something to do with our Firewall. We have opened up a number of ports that are mentioned in the CW2K CD One Installation and Setup guide but no luck. Anyone out there had a simlar problem. Also can you tell me if there are any other ports we might need to open up on the Firewall?

Your help and comments appreciated

Regards

Mark Kelly

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Campus uses CDP/SNMP. Are both allowed to pass thru the Firewall?

The CiscoWorks Server is behind the Firewall and directly connected to the Network that it is looking after. The problem arrises when we try to connect to Campus Manager on this Server over a web connection from the other side of the Firewall. As I understand, SNMP is only used between the CW2K Server and the Network devices themselves, and not between the CW2K Server and a web client, and CDP is only used between Network devices! Everything works fine when the web client is the same side of the Firewall as the Network and thus avoiding the Firewall!

Is Java/Java Scripts also being blocked by the Firewall?. As it's also used by CW2000.

No Java and Java scripting is OK it seems. We can use everything including all the RME stuff, and CiscoView without any probs. It is only when the ANI Server is involved that we have problems (ie Campus Manager Toplogy Services, Path Analysis, User Tracking etc!)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card