cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rated power consumption for cisco equipment

m.wada
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to confirm rated power consumption for cisco network equipment? I’ve found other type of power consumption like max and typical. Unfortunately I can NOT find rated power consumption.

Let me explain the background. NTT, one of the biggest network carrier in Japan, started evaluating equipment by Internal carbon pricing. They demand rated power consumption for calculating CO2 emission costs. 

https://group.ntt/en/procurement/supplier/icp.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

very interesting subject. I did a quite extensive search but could not find anything similar specifically for Cisco products. I do know that Cisco is working towards the goal of achieving zero carbon emission, so maybe they come up with something similar in the future...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

very interesting subject. I did a quite extensive search but could not find anything similar specifically for Cisco products. I do know that Cisco is working towards the goal of achieving zero carbon emission, so maybe they come up with something similar in the future...

Thanks for your comment.

You kindly did extensive search but there is no information about rated power consumption of cisco equipment. I gueess rated power consumption is not popular except for Japan as spec information for IT infrastructure. Is it right?

If so, using rated power consumption as parameter is not reasonable...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco