Views
Helpful
Replies

Reach two servers with the same IP address - solve with nxos

vxlannnn
Level 1
Level 1

Please see attached topology.

I have two servers that I have no control over - only where they plug into my NK9 switches.

They both have the same ip address/gateway and they need to be reachable by two other servers.

How would you go about solving this?

I was thinking I could use ip nat outside rules with a unique outside local IP that points to each server using vrf aware NAT.

Any other suggestions?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks you already posted other POST different diagram, which one you have issue ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I would consider these two different discussions - which is why I have created two.

in that case you are in right direction NAT VRF aware for the overlap address.

here is example guide : ( make sure check the Limitation before deploying) section VRF Aware NAT (NOTE)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/interfaces/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_0110...

BB

From the provided link:

The VRF aware NAT feature is not supported on the Cisco Nexus 9300-EX, 9300-FX, 9300-FX2 and 9300-GX platform switches.

I am running a 9318-FX - I assume the 9300-FX means the whole 93xx-FX product line?

Correct that is the Limitation as per the document.

BB