cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remotely setting management stations in sysTrapReceiverTable via SNMP

apagani
Level 1
Level 1

Dealing with a 3550 Catalyst switch with CatOS installed onto it, I used to remotely set the IP address of my remote management station in sysTrapReceiverTable (whose details are below) directly from the mgmt station, using SNMP set.

Now that on board of the switch an IOS release has been installed (IOS (tm) C3550 Software (C3550-I5Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(9)EA1c), I'm not able anymore to access that table via SNMP commands.

Is it because of IOS settings? Does it depend on the agent configuration? Can someone help me?

Object: sysTrapReceiverTable

OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.1.5

Type: SEQUENCE

Permission: not-accessible

MIB: CISCO-STACK-MIB

Description: The trap receiver table (0 to 20 entries). This table lists the addresses of Network Management Stations that should receive trap messages from this entity when an exception condition occurs.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

sysTrapReceiverTable OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF SysTrapReceiverEntry

MAX-ACCESS not-accessible <----------!!!!!!!

Which means that cannot use snmpset/get on this.

Sorry, but I've been using it for a long time (when my Catalyst switches had CatOs installed on them)!

Actually, you can access the table setting sysTrapReceiverType to 1 (valid) or 2 (invalid) using sysTrapReceiverAddr as index. But this doesn't work with IOS and I haven't found any explanation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: