Views
Helpful
Replies

RME update archive - VLAN configuration failed

mohsen961
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When trying to update switches configuration from RME, I receive a partial failure message.

When checking in the "archive status", I found that the startup was successfully updated but the VLAN failed for the following reason: "TFTP not running on RME server" although I chose telnet as the primary protocol.

In the device configuration, I can not see the recent changes on the switch vlan configuration.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

Just a guess here, but the VLAN.dat file doesn't have many printable characters, so it wouldn't tranfer via telnet. I'm guessing that even if you specify telnet as the transport it will still try and use tftp to transfer this file.

View solution in original post

john.sobrinho
Level 1
Level 1

Check that there are no ACLS in place to block tftp to the device and retun path back to the device.

Also check attributes for the particular, that the enable password and ids are set correctly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

Just a guess here, but the VLAN.dat file doesn't have many printable characters, so it wouldn't tranfer via telnet. I'm guessing that even if you specify telnet as the transport it will still try and use tftp to transfer this file.

Thank you for your help

But one more question:

Does CiscoWorks have a built-in tftp server or we should install external one?

If it does, how do we enable it or check its status?

john.sobrinho
Level 1
Level 1

Check that there are no ACLS in place to block tftp to the device and retun path back to the device.

Also check attributes for the particular, that the enable password and ids are set correctly.

Thank you for your help.

The issue was resolved.

Conclusion:

RME was using tftp to retrieve the switches vlan configuration although telnet was selected as the primary transport protocol.

And tftp was blocked by some Access-list

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: