Views
Helpful
Replies

Router performance and 3DES IPSec

navasil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find the fact sheet/resouce regarding performance of Cisco router 1700/2600/3600 series with/without VPN module installed ?

I would like to weight between setting up router as IPSec 3DES home gateway and VPN 3015 Concentrator. I am not sure which one I should go for ...

Thank a lot for your help

2 Replies 2

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

Numbers for 2600 and 3600 series routers with the VPN module are here: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/2600/prodlit/kaos_ds.htm

All I can tell you about performance without the module is that a 2621 barely gets 100K/sec when doing 3DES. Learned this the hard way from experience.

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

I agree the 2621 is a bit slow. If you are buying new, and don't have an existing solution I would recommed a 3745 with the VPN module. Depending on the size of your comapny, I am using the 3745 as the main terminator, about 16 branches, avg 10 people each, and we are running VOIP. I have 2651xm in the branches w/csu & pri cards. I have not had any problems so far! Hope this doesn't jinx me!!!

geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: