Views
Helpful
Replies

Sample config for Catalyst Switches

fmatrine
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

We are using a single Catalyst 3750 L3 switch (WS-C3750G-24TS-E)

Comprising of 24 10/100/1000 base T ports + 4 SFP enhanced Multilayer ports as a backbone core switch.

For Aceess Users we are using stack of cisco 3550-24-SMI (5Nos. per stack) switches with 24 10/100 and 2 GBIC ports. All the access switches will be stacked using cisco’s gigastack stacking module. Also we will install one 1000base-Sx and one 1000 Base-T module in each stack. Idea is to use Primary uplink from the stack to the core switch (Catalyst 3750) on fiber (1000 BASE-SX) and redundant uplink on copper (1000 BASE-T).

Routing protocol to be run on the core switch and wan router connected to core switch is EIGRP.

Kindly guide me with the Sample configuration for the same

Also advice me if any other protocol can be used for achieving redundancy from access switches to core switch. (E.g port bundling from access to core switch …etc… provide me with the sample configuration for the proposed solution)

Thanks & Regards

2 Replies 2

steven-dunn
Level 1
Level 1

this will work "out-of-the-box". Only concern is if STP will chose the fibre over the copper. To ensure this use this command on you copper interfaces on the 3750:

spanning-tree cost 8

This will make the fibre more preferable. STP will give redundancy to the access switches.

Many factors will dictate how well this works. If you want redundancy, buy another 3750 as your core is a single point of failure.

Thanks for the guidance given.

Also can i get sample config for the same

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card