cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCP-4-DACK_TIMEOUT_MSG Error on MSFC

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

The 6509 switch crashed, the MSFC was responding, but all line cards were amber, do not know the led status on supervisor. From MSFC cannot see the switch supervisor via "show cdp nei". The error below was showing up on MSFC every 30 secs. A reboot solved the problem.

SCP-4-DACK_TIMEOUT_MSG:SCP delivery ack timeout for opcode=118

Anyone seen this error before, and what could be the problem. I have seen a doc in CCO that says MMLS if disabled on the MSFC could cause this. But we have MMLS running on all vlan interfaces.

One more questions is, even if MMLS is disabled and this error occurs, how could this affect the whole switch and all line cards on the switch turn amber.

Any help is appreciated !!

4 Replies 4

Hello,

I guess you are referring to this from CCO:

Delivery acknowledgment timeouts might occur:

SCP-4-DACK_TIMEOUT_MSG:SCP delivery ack timeout for opcode=118

When a delivery acknowledgment timeout occurs for opcode 118 (i.e multicast MLS SCP messages), then the impact depends on whether MMLS is in IDLE or ACTIVE state (can be determined by entering the show mls ip multicast statistics command). If MMLS is ACTIVE, the message is only a warning and can be ignored. If MMLS is IDLE, this message displays:

Multicast MLS is disabled due to internal messaging error

The feature is disabled on the MSFC. You must disable and reenable the IGMP feature on the NMP before reenabling MMLS on the MSFC.

Can you post the config of your switch ?

Regards,

Georg

Here are the multicast relevant config from the MSFC, none on the Switch. I was referring to that particular doc in CCO which seems to be the only doc out there. Thanks ..

ip multicast-routing

interface Vlan2

ip address z.z.z.z 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

ip pim sparse-mode

load-interval 30

standby 1 ip y.y.y.y

standby 1 timers 1 3

standby 1 priority 120

standby 1 preempt delay minimum 60

standby 1 authentication even

standby 1 track Vlan100 10

standby 1 track Vlan101 10

ip pim rp-address X.X.X.X permit_mcast

skarundi
Level 4
Level 4

Did you manage to capture the "show mod" , "show port" and "show logging buffer " output before rebooting the switch ? What did the "show port" output report as the status of the ports ? Were the ports in an errdisable state, or inactive ? Did the show mod output say that the status of the modules was "ok" ?

No output was captured before the switch reboot. But all the ports were amber in all line cards. Not sure what the supervisor status was, as customer did not check its led status.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: