Helpful
Replies

Send Some Traps to Especific Syslog Server

gfiguereo
Level 1
Level 1

Can i enable the following Command on a router:

snmp-server enable traps config

And that the router sends to an especific syslog server all the config traps ?????

5 Replies 5

bratager
Level 1
Level 1

That command will enable the router to send configuration notifications, however you will also need additional commands depending where you want the alerts sent.

To send to a network management server, something similar to below would be needed:

snmp-server host x.x.x.x

To send to a syslog server, the command below would be needed where x.x.x.x is the ip address of your syslog server:

logging x.x.x.x

I know these commands, But i have a Syslog configured onthe routers and i want to send only de Config-Changes to this new Syslog Server.

I've never seen it used to send messages to a syslog server, I've only seen it used to send snmp alerts to a network management station.

What exactly are you trying to do, send a syslog message back to your server everytime a change is made?

You have configured an SNMP trap to be sent when the configuration is changed. A syslog server will not receive the message unless it is also configured as an SNMP trap receiver.

Yes

I have an network Integrity Department that need to monitor all the changes in the network.

And i have a network Monitor Group that monitor all the events of failures or whatever of the equipment.

I want to have a syslog server dedicated to the Integrity Department.