Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP ports on a Catalyst 2970G-24TS-E

jriavec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody:

I have a 2970G-24TS-E with a 12.2(18)SE IOS's image, and I'm trying to enable the 4 port SFP that it has without any result.

Does anybody knows how to enable this 4 Ports?

I have a gbic that is 1000BASE-SX, 850mm, is this one ok?

Or if there is any kind of extra configuration?

I will appreciate any help...=)

Thanks in advance!!

Julian

2 Replies 2

Hello Julian,

the 1000BASE-SX is supported...are you running the Enhanced (EMI) image ? I think the switch is not shipped with anything else, but to make sure that your image has the 'i6l2' in the file name.

Do you have no connectivity at all ? Make sure you are using the Fiber-Optic SFP Module LC Connector, you might want to check this document:

CISCO CATALYST 2970 SERIES SWITCHES

Connector and Cable Specifications

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps5206/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00801f55b8.html

HTH,

GP

Thanks for your answer!!..=)

I have this image c2970-i6l2-mz.122-18.SE, which mean that I have the EMI, right?

I don't have connectivity at all and I'm using the LC connector (a saw it in the page that you sent me).

My first doubt was about the Gbic, because in the Interface it show me an err-disabled when I connect it. If nothing is connected to the interface, it show me a notconnect message and when I plug in the gbic it becames err-disabled.

And I read that message could be possible when is not a gbic supported by Cisco..

Thank in advance

Julian