Views
Helpful
Replies

SOHO 97 Fixed IP setup problems

jerry-barrett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I recently brought a SOHO 97 Router, This is connected to ADSL (WAN) and a Sonicwall firewall ethernet interface.

The Sonicwall is the VPN router/NAT and Firewall.

So the Router is set with no firewall and the LAN IP of the SOHO is set to one of the (4) fixed IP's the ISP provided with the ADSL.

The WAN port of the Firewall (Sonicwall X2) ethernet int is set to one of the other IP's the ISP provided, making a small LAN inbetween the router and Sonicwall.

The link works great from the LAN (192.168.0.n, LAN side of Sonicwall) the PC's and the server can get to the internet and retrieve pages no worries.

The Router is setup in PPPoA mode, no firewall, no DHCP and as far as I'm aware no NAT.

However, I can't access the WAN port of the Sonicwall, one of the ISP's static IP's. no ping or https access to the remote management of the Sonicwall and thus no VPN access.

I cant access the Router on the WAN IP either.. no login box appears unless I access it from LAN.

Bearing in mind I have this Router setup via the WEB interface - factory setup - out of the box, what would I have to do to allow access to the Sonicwall through the router.

Is there a DMZ I have to setup maybe or similar, I'm sure its simple, just cant see the wood for the trees.

I'm new to Cisco so simple to follow instructions would cool.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Jerry, your question is not very clear but from what I can understand from your query, these two facts MIGHT help you :

1. I have no idea about Sonicwall firewal, but generally (PIX) firewalls does not allow you to telnet neither from inside the network nor from outside by default.

2. From inside , The outbound connections are allowed by default but the connections initiated from outside the network to the inside is not allowed. For this, you need to specifically allow them.

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card