cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transparent bridging & Multilink PPP

c.parks
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to run Multilink PPP on 2 T1s while also doing transparent bridging?

If so, Do I need to put bridge-group 1 on my multilink interface?

thx

2 Replies 2

c.parks
Level 1
Level 1

nevermind... I fixed it.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not clear what the original problem was or what was the solution. And I am not clear what problem you are trying to solve that leads to the question of bridging over the multi link.

If we knew more about your situation we might be able to give better advice. But I would suggest that the answer will turn out to be something close to this:

- if you want to route IP over the multilink and to bridge some other traffic that might be possible.

- if you want to bridge IP over the multilink then you can not have an IP address configured on the multilink. To bridge IP over the multilink you might need to do something like configure Integrated Routing and Bridging. In IRB you configure a virtual interface BVI and put the IP address on the BVI. then you put a bridge group on the multilink which points to the BVI. It is ugly and I would not recommend it, but I think that it might work.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: